The Board of Directors is the executive body of the University and exercises general supervision over the affairs and management of the University. The Board has the powers to:
The body responsible for the governance of the University shall be described as the Board of Directors,
- The Board of Directors shall have the power of general supervision over the University and shall hold the Vice-Chancellor and the Authorities accountable for all the functions of the University. The Board of Directors shall have all powers of the University not expressly vested in an Authority or an officer and all such powers that are not expressly mentioned by this Act or that are necessary for the performance of its functions.
- Without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing powers, the Board of Directors shall have the powers to:–
- approve the proposed annual plan of work, annual budgets & its revision, annual report / statement of account;
- hold, control and lay down policy for the administration of the property, funds and investments of the University, including the approval of the sale and purchase or acquisition of immovable property;
- oversee the quality and relevance of the University’s academic programs and to review the academic affairs of the University in general;
- approve the appointment of the Deans, Professors, Associate Professors and such other senior faculty and senior administrators as may be prescribed.
- institute schemes, directions and guidelines for the terms and conditions of appointment of all officers, teachers and other employees of the University;
- approve strategic plans;
- approve financial resource development plans of the University;
- consider and approve the drafts of Statutes and Regulations proposed by the Syndicate and the Academic Council and deal with them, as the case may be: Provided that the Board of Directors may frame a statute or Regulations on its own Initiative and approve it after calling for the advice of the Syndicate or the Academic Council as the case may be;
- annual by order in writing the proceeding of any Authority or officer, if the Board of Directors is satisfied that such proceedings are not in accordance with the provision of the Ordinance, Statutes or Regulations, after calling upon such Authority or officer as the case may be, to show cause why such proceedings should not be annulled;
- recommend to the Chancellor removal of any member of the Board of Directors in accordance with the provisions of the Ordinance;
- make appointment of members of the Academic Council other than ex-officio members, in accordance with the provision of the Ordinance.
- appoint Emeritus Professors on such terms and conditions on the recommendation of Syndicate as may be prescribed;
- remove any person from the membership of any Authority, if such person:
(i) has become of unsound mind; or
(ii) has become incapacitated to function as member of such Authority; or
(iii) has been convicted by a court of law for an offence involving moral turpitude; and
- determine the form, provide of the custody and regulate the use of the common seal of the University.
- The Board of Directors may, subject to the provisions of the Ordinance delegate all or any of the powers and functions of any authority, officer or employee of the University at its main campus, to any authority, committee, officer or employee at its additional campus for the purpose of exercising such powers and performing such functions in relation to such additional campus, and for this purpose the Board of Directors may create new posts or positions at the additional campus